Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
Pharmaceutical Science Course
The Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science course is a vocational qualification designed to equip you with the essential skills you need to become a registered pharmacy technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). This course provides you with all the theoretical knowledge you will need to carry out your day to day activities as a pharmacy technician. You will have the opportunity to learn about the various aspects of pharmacy including pharmaceutical science, pharmacy practice, pharmaceutics, laws and ethics, actions and uses of drugs and disease management.
If you'd like to work in a pharmacy setting, perhaps in a chemist or hospital, these qualifications in Pharmaceutical Science can help you move forward in your career.
The aim of this course is to provide an underpinning knowledge element which is required in your journey towards successfully gaining registration with the Pharmacy regulator along with necessary knowledge, skills and experience to be able to practise as a pharmacy technician. Learn more about pharmacy technician training course here.
This course is awarded by City & Guilds with QCF Accreditation No: 500/9959/0. It carries 120 credits. You complete 19 core units at from a range that includes:
- Microbiology for pharmacy
- Human physiology for pharmacy
- Pharmacy law, ethics and practice
- Infections, immunological products and vaccines
Learning and Assessment:
This part of the course will be completed by attending scheduled lectures at the college which will cover all the required knowledge. The course is assessed by the completion of one or more assignment at the end of each module; assignments include multiple- choice questions and short answer questions. Students will be registered with City & Guilds and will sit for each a test for each unit. The test is from the awarding body i.e. City and Guild and will take place in the normal learning environment under supervised conditions at TWC.
Registration in the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC):
To register as a pharmacy technician, as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council, you need the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills along with this qualification. You can take them separately at TWC via work placement in a pharmacy or as part of an Apprenticeship for Pharmacy. TWC can provide you Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills as a combined package course along with Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science in a subsidised fee which is £1000.00 or £80.00 per month for 15 instalments.
Career and Progression:
Once you complete your course and register as a pharmacy technician there are a number of opportunities available, you could:
- Start your career as Pharmacy Technician starting a Band 4 earning between £19,027 and £22,236 a year and progress to Band 5 earning between £21,692 and £28,180 *
- Move on to work in a managerial role in a pharmacy earning £26,041 on Band 6 and £31,072 on Band 7*
- Work in a hospital pharmacy and specialise further in a particular area
- Get involved in education and training
- Undertake further qualifications to advance your career such as the Accuracy Checking Technician (ACT) course
- Commence Foundation Degree in Pharmacy Services
Four GCSEs at Grades A-C, or the equivalent, including English, Science and Maths
Date and Duration:
2 days a week for 12 months.
Why study at TWC?
- Delivered and taught by UK qualified and registered pharmacists
- Access to individual support for placements
- Support sessions for assessments
- Interactive teaching methods which include role plays, simulations and group work
Fees and Finance Available:
|Course Title||Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science (Blended or Offline)|
|Awarding Body||City & Guilds (*Subject to change)|
|Qualification Accreditation Number||500/9959/0|
|Course Duration||24 months|
|Course Start Date||January 4, 2020|
|Mode of Study||
2 days a week
|Enrolment Fee||£100.00 (Non Refundable)|
|Awarding Body Registration Fee||£156|
|Course Fee||£3390 *(Discounts for early settlement)|
|Payment Plan for Course Fee||One-off (10% Discount)||Two Instalments (5% Discount)||Monthly (20 Installments)||Finance Option With 0% APR|
|£3,591||£1,895.5 x 2||£199.50 x 20||Finance available from only £166.25 per month|