HND in Computing leading to BSc ComputingCourse Title: BTEC Level 5 Higher National Certificate in Computing
The Pearson BTEC level 5 HND in Computing is a 2 year integrated course, that combines the Level 4 HNC with the Level 5 HND - to prepare students for employment or further studies across a range of computing sectors.
- Length of course: 2 Years*
- Awarding Body: Pearson
- Start Date: Please get in touch for up to date information
- Application Deadline: Please get in touch for up to date information
- Mode of delivery: Blended Learning
- Study type: Full or Part Time
- Enrolment Fee: Please get in touch for up to date information
- Awarding Body Fee: Please get in touch for up to date information
- Tuition fees: Please get in touch for up to date information ( * Student loan available with 0% APR )
*20% Tuition Fee Waiver for 2021 Session. Apply now to see if you're eligible.
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Computing is a two year integrated course, that is designed to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals who are able to meet the demands of employers in the computing sector and adapt to the constantly changing world of IT.
Over the two years, students will obtain a minimum of 210 credits through the Level 4 Certificate (HNC) and a Level 5 Diploma (HND). These two BTEC Higher National qualifications are structured to give students professional status, whilst supporting them in their occupational area of choice within the field of computing. By the end of the course, graduates will have developed a sound understanding of the principles in their field of study, understand how to evaluate the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems, and be able to perform effectively in their chosen field.
Graduates who complete the course will have the credits they need to progress to university level. As such, the specialised pathways within this course are ideal for students who wish to enter into further study or employment within fields such as Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Security, Intelligent Systems and Applications Development. Alternatively, students who are still undecided have the option to choose a non-specialist ‘Computing’ pathway, which allows them to complete a Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma without committing to a particular professional specialism.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND SUITABILITY
In order to be accepted onto this course, applicants must be:
- 18 years or over
- Fluent in the English language (if not a native English speaker, applicants must attend the Level 2 English Course or have one of the following: CEFR B2, PTE 51, or IELTS: 5.5)
They must all possess one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 Qualification (or other L3 qualification) in Computing (or related subject)
- Two or more GCSEs at grade C or higher (or equivalent i.e. 9 - 4), preferably in subjects including Maths and English
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma
- An international equivalent to any of the above
Please note that if you do meet any of the above criteria, but have relevant life, industry, or study experience - you may still be considered for the course, pending an interview. Please get in touch for further information.
COURSE FEES: HOW TO PAY & WHAT’S INCLUDED
- Tuition Fee: Please get in touch for up to date information
- Payment Plan: Fees can be paid in one payment or in interest-free monthly instalments.
- Payment Methods: At TWC we accept any of the following payment methods - Credit or debit card, Bank transfer, Paypal, or Western Union
- Included in the Fee: All course materials, personal tutor support, access to our online social learning forum, live online classes, assignment marking and feedback, an NUS Extra card, and upon completion of the course, career support - including CV workshops.
First Year Level 4 Modules
For the Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Computing, students must obtain a total of 105 credits by completing a combination of compulsory core modules and optional modules, including:
- 1. Programming: 15 credits
- 2. Networking: 15 credits
- 3. Professional Practice: 15 credits
- 4. Design Database and Development: 15 credits
- 5. Security: 15 credits
- 6. Managing a Successful Computing Project: 15 credits
- 7. Computer Systems Architecture: 15 credits
- 8. Website Design and Development: 15 credits
Second Year Level 5 Modules
For the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Computing, students must obtain a total of 105 credits (making a total of 210 with the credits from the previous year) by completing a combination of compulsory core modules and optional modules, including:
- 1. Computing Research Project (Pearson-set): 30 credits
- 2. Business Intelligence: 15 credits
- 3. Prototyping: 15 credits
- 4. System Analysis and Design: 15 credits
- 5. Architecture: 15 credits
- 6. Database Management Systems: 15 credits
- 7. User Experience and Interface Design: 15 credits
Students studying the BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing Level 5 will be assessed using a combination of internally assessed centre-devised and Pearson-set assignments. There will include Guided Learning, Independent and unsupervised research and learning, a compilation of a portfolio of work experience, e-learning, e-assessments, coursework, and work-based learning.
CORE SKILLS AND PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to progress to University Level and study the following range of subjects. Alternatively students will have the opportunity to apply for roles in the same range of sectors (which include but are not limited to):
- Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Security, Intelligent Systems, and Applications Development
20% Tuition Fee Waiver for 2021 Session. Apply now to see if you're eligible.