Diploma in Dental Nursing, Level 3Course Title: City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing (4238-03)
The Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing is an amazing opportunity for students to gain the credits they need to qualify as a Dental Nurse and register with the GDC (General Dental Council). Students can then further progress to a range of careers within the field, including roles such as dental hygienist, technician, or therapist.
This qualification centres around direct chair-side work and support during a range of dental treatments. It underpins the ethics, professionalism, teamwork and communication required to work as a Dental Nurse. Methods of teaching throughout the course include lectures, small and large group work, independent research, demonstration of practical skills and experience in the workplace.
- Course Title: Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing (4238-03)
- Awarding Body: City and Guilds
- Total Qualification Time : 584 Hrs.
- Guided Learning Hours : 367 Hrs.
- Credit : 58
- Start Date: September 2021
- Application Deadline: Please get in touch for up to date informations
- Mode of delivery: Blended Learning ( Including interactive webinar classes twice a week and e- portfolio)
- Study type: Self-paced
- Enrolment Fee: £100
- Awarding Body Fee: £185(Subject to change as per City and Guilds)
- Tuition fees: £2995 (£2695 with 10% discount. For this intake only. Save £300).
- Finance Option: 12 Months Interest-free Financing *Apply for finance here .
|Payment Options||Discount||Discount Amount||Monthly Installment||Net Payable|
|2-Installments||5%||£135||-||£1,280x2 = £2,560|
This City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing is designed to provide students with the qualifications and skills that they need to work as a Dental Nurse. After finishing the course, students can register with the General Dental Council (GDC) and continue on their dental career pathway of choice.
This City and Guilds Dental Nursing course focuses on four main elements - Clinical, Communication, Professionalism, and Management and Leadership. Throughout the diploma, each learner will understand how to work well as a member of an oral healthcare team and become a valued key worker. Through a carefully curated programme of modules, students will also gain expert knowledge of dental equipment and develop the skills required to excel in the field of dentistry.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS AND SUITABILITY
In order to be accepted onto the course you must:
- A minimum 2 GCSEs (C grade or above) in English language and maths or a science
- Be working in a dental setting for at least 16 hours per week (We will assist you to get a voluntary placement if you are not working in a dental setting.)
- Have the necessary communication skills needed to succeed in a dental setting
- Health declaration required by the GPHC to register
COURSE FEES: HOW TO PAY & WHAT’S INCLUDED
- Tuition Fee: £2995
- Payment Plan: Fees can be paid in one payment or in interest-free monthly instalments.
- Payment Methods: At TWC we accept any of the following payment methods - Credit or debit card, Bank transfer, Paypal, or Western Union
- Included in the Fee: All course materials, personal tutor support, access to our online social learning forum, live online classes, assignment marking and feedback
The qualification is delivered online, through a combination of live classes and interactive webinars, which are supported with expert learning resources and an e portfolio. Each student is assigned a personal assessor from our highly experienced faculty who have over 12 years of experience in the industry. Along with dedicated tutors, assessors and IQAs, online classes also give students the opportunity to discuss their studies with other learners whilst receiving advice, guidance, and support from an experienced dental professional.
This level 3 is comprised of the following 15 Units (work placement training and interactive remote webinar classes twice a week):
|301||Preparing for professional practice in dental nursing|
|302||The impact of health and safety legislation on working practices in the dental setting|
|303||Prevention and control of infection in the dental setting|
|304||Dental and regional anatomy, oral health assessments and treatment planning|
|305||Recognising and supporting actions during first aid and medical emergencies|
|306||The safe use of ionising radiation to produce quality radiographic images|
|307||Provide support for the control of periodontal disease and caries, and the restoration of cavities|
|308||Provide support during the stages of prosthetic treatments|
|309||Provide support during the stages of endodontic procedures|
|310||Provide support during extractions and minor oral surgery|
|311||Scientific and practical information to support the patient’s oral and physical health|
Method of Assessment :
- 1. E-portfolio based evidence
- 2. Synoptic Knowledge Test through 1.5 hours exam of 45 multiple choice questions with pass mark 32 allocating 1 mark per question.
- 3. Six observations of practice
CORE SKILLS AND PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
After completing the course, students will be fully qualified Dental Nurses and be eligible to register with the General Dental Council (GDC). Following this they can enter into further study or progress straight into a range of roles within the field of Dentistry, including (but not limited to):
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Therapy
- Dental Technology
- Teaching Dental Nursing
- Dental Practice Management
- Specialist Dental Nursing Roles
- Dental Sedation
- Dental Radiography